- 2 cups graham crackers or oreos, crushed
- 1 1/2 cups coconut
- 6 Tablespoons Butter melted
mix and pat into 10" springform pan, set aside.
- 2 lbs Cream cheese, unwrapped.
- 5 Jumbo eggs (or 6 large)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1 tsp coconut extract
- 1 cup almonds, coarsly chopped
- Soften cream cheese in microwave for 2 min. on high. Beat until light and fluffy.
- Add sugar and beat again.
- Crack eggs into a small bowl, warm in microwave 25 sec on high and add one at a time, beating after each one.
- Add cream, cornstarch, and extract.
- Mix well. Stir in nuts Pour into the prepared pan.
- Bake at 450 degrees for 15 minutes.
- Then reduce temperature to 300 degrees and bake one hour.
- Run knife around edge of cake and cool.
- Top with melted chocolate, whole almonds and garnish with coconut
- It is necessary to run the knife around the edge of the cake because it will pull further away from the edge as it cools. If any piece is stuck it will cause your cheesecake to crack.
- Put a pan of water on the lowest rack in the oven. (do not put on the bottom of the oven if it is a self contained unit because it may melt) This will provide enough moisture that your cheesecake will not crack while baking.
return to recipe page
return to main page