- 1 1/2 pkgs graham crackers, crushed
- 6 Tablespoons Butter melted
- 1/3 cup sugar
mix and pat into 10" springform pan, set aside.
- 2 lbs Cream cheese, unwrapped.
- 5 Jumbo eggs (or 6 large)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Soften cream cheese in microwave for 2 min. on high. Beat until light and fluffy.
- Add sugar and beat again.
- Crack eggs into a small bowl, warm in microwave 25 sec on high and add one at a time, beating after each one.
- Add cream, cornstarch, and vanilla.
- Mix well. Pour into the prepared pan.
- Bake at 450 degrees for 15 minutes.
- Then reduce temperature to 250 degrees and bake one hour.
- Run knife around edge of cake and cool.
- It is necessary to run the knife around the edge of the cake because it will pull further away from the edge as it cools. If any piece is stuck it will cause your cheesecake to crack.
- Put a pan of water on the lowest rack in the oven. (do not put on the bottom of the oven if it is a self contained unit because it may melt) This will provide enough moisture that your cheesecake will not crack while baking.
- You may chop up and add any sort of fruit, or candy to the cake but it must be chopped into small pieces especially if it is something heavy or it will fall to the bottom while baking.
- You can also add in fruit puree, pie filling, melted chocolate, caramel or what ever wet ingredient you wish as long as it if not heavy. It is recommended that sauces be mixed with a small amount of the cake batter and then swirled back into the rest of the cake - you can use a knife to marble it more. (With pie filling, if it is large pieces as in apple, chop for a few seconds in food processor to break up apples.)
- You can add anything you like to the cheesecake once it's baked - pie filling, melted chocolate drizzled on top, miniature candies.
- Another way to enjoy Cheesecake is to serve the cheesecake plain for multiple guests, and put out bowls of toppings to let each guest decide how he or she wants their cheesecake.
return to recipe page
return to main page